Mobile Applications and the Cloud
This course builds on the basic programming skills of students to develop the knowledge and skills used in developing applications utilizing touch interfaces, mobile platforms and event driven programming. Distributed processing topologies are introduced.
- Semester 1 - 2015
1. Program event driven applications.
2. Understand aspects of mobile technologies and have acquired knowledge and skills to deploy and use them on contemporary mobile platforms.
3. Understand the strengths and weaknesses of the different technological delivery models.
4. Appreciate the differences between programming for touch driven and more conventional interfaces.
- Software development and programming
- Distributed and Cloud based systems, Web architecture
- Mobile technologies
- Touch based and emerging human computer interfaces
This course replaces the following course(s): INFT3009. Students who have successfully completed INFT3009 are not eligible to enrol in INFT2050.
INFT1004 Visual Programming and INFT1001 Foundations of Information Technology
Written Assignment: Assignments - Parts A,B,C & D
Formal Examination: Final Examination
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks