Mobile Applications and the Cloud
|Course code INFT2050||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Design, Communication and IT|
This course builds on the basic programming skills of students to develop the knowledge and skills used in developing applications utilizing touch interfaces, mobile platforms and event driven programming. Distributed processing topologies are introduced.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course, students will be able to: |
1. Program event driven applications.
2. Understand aspects of mobile technologies and have acquired knowledge and skills to deploy and use them on contemporary mobile platforms.
3. Understand the strengths and weaknesses of the different technological delivery models.
4. Appreciate the differences between programming for touch driven and more conventional interfaces.
|Content||- Software development and programming|
- Distributed and Cloud based systems, Web architecture
- Mobile technologies
- Touch based and emerging human computer interfaces
|Transition||Students who have successfully completed INFT3009 must not enrol in INFT2050. Students can not count both INFT2050 and INFT3009 towards their degree.|
|Assumed Knowledge||INFT1004 Visual Programming and INFT1001 Foundations of Information Technology .|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks|
Computer Lab: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for INFT2050|