Systems & Network Administration
Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 2|
|UoN Singapore||Trimester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006
Provides students with theoretical knowledge of computer operating systems and practical experience in the installation and maintenance of a popular operating system on personal computers. Introduces the theoretical basis of computer networks and provides practical experience in the installation and administration of a small network of personal computers.
|Objectives||On completion of this course students will be able to:
1. Understand the role of operating systems and computer networks in information technology applications within organisations;
2. Understand the appropriate use of networking hardware and software;
3. Install, configure, and maintain an operating system and applications software on a personal computer;
4. Select hardware and software components, build, configure, and maintain a computer network.
|Content||1. Theoretical aspects of computer communications.
2. The role of computer networks.
3. Computer network architecture.
4. Systems software for computer networks.
5. Applications software and computer networks.
6. Implementation and maintenance of computer networks.
|Replacing Course(s)||INFT2020 Operating Systems and INFT2030 Computer Networks|
|Transition||Students who have successfully completed INFT2020 and/or INFT2030 cannot obtain credit for the new course INFT2031.|
|Assumed Knowledge||COMP1050 Internet Communications|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Computer Lab: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for INFT2031|