|Course code IDEA2450||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Engineering and Built EnvironmentSchool of Architecture and Built Environment|
Integrates advanced workshop skills with design process in the context of Design and Technology. Examines the selection of appropriate workshop processes and their design implications. Safety and workshop practices are considered.
Not available in 2015
|Objectives||1. Integrates advanced workshop skills with design process in the context of Design and Technology.|
2. Develops collaborative design capacities.
3. Provides design process management strategies.
4. Applies effective design documentation processes to recording of design processes
|Content||Safety and workshop practices.|
Students will complete exercises developing skills in the following areas:
1. Workshop safety
2. Advanced workshop practices
3. Prototypes and their uses in the design process
4. Materials solution.
5. Collaborative Design
Topics may include:
1 Timber machining and techniques
2 Metal machining and Techniques
3 Thermo plastic forming/fabrication and machining techniques
5 Foams and soft materials
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Self Directed Learning|
|Contact Hours||Workshop: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|