This course provides students with knowledge of the basic mechanisms underlying the action of drugs on the body systems and with specialist knowledge of applied pharmacology and the rational use of medicines.
On-Line from Callaghan
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Demonstrate knowledge and understand the basic concepts of pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
2. Demonstrate knowledge and understand the pharmacology of drugs that act on the body systems
3. Demonstrate knowledge and understand the pharmacology of chemotherapeutic and antimicrobial agents
The course will cover five major areas:
Introduction to the basic concepts of pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics.
The pharmacology of drugs that act on the body systems (e.g. Cardiovascular, respiratory, renal, gastrointestinal, autonomic and central nervous systems).
The pharmacology of chemotherapeutic and antimicrobial agents.
In Term Test: Online Test (x6)
Formal Examination: End of Semester Exam *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Formal Examination: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
Self-Directed 10 hour(s) per Week for Full Term