Special Project in Family Studies
Students undertaking the Master of Family Studies have the option of doing a Special Project in a Family Service or related organisation. The purpose of the project is to apply knowledge and skills developed in the core courses of the program to an area of interest related to Family Studies. The project can focus on policy or practice interventions in Family Studies.
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Demonstrate a sound understanding of a selected area of interest in Family Studies.
2. Use conceptual frameworks relevant to professional work in Family Studies.
3. Demonstrate an ability to design, implement and evaluate an appropriate field-based project.
4. Demonstrate an ability to critically reflect on a specific area of interest in Family Studies
5. Demonstrate cultural competence in Family Studies field work
6. Articulate the generalisable knowledge gained through the Special Project in Family Studies.
Monthly face to face or online meetings with academic supervisor. Plan to be set up based on project.
Knowledge of program planning and evaluation methodologies.
Proposal / Plan: Field Project Plan
Report: Final Project Reports
Online 1.5 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Approximate average hours per week. Monthly face to face or online meetings with academic supervisor. Plan to be set up based on project.
Self-Directed 10 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Self directed study of provided online activities, lectures and materials for 10 hrs per week for whole term. At least 120 hours of student effort overall.