Occupational Rehabilitation 2
This course is designed for students to develop their fundamental research knowledge through application of critical appraisal, research methodologies and evidence based practice in the occupational rehabilitation context to assist in determining issues of quality of service, cost, unnecessary service provision, accountability and validity of interventions.
Not currently available.
1. Critically appraise literature and develop critical appraisal skills;
2. Critique a range of research methodologies for application in workplace injury management and occupational rehabilitation;
3. Develop an understanding of outcome measures and evaluation tools and their application in workplace injury management and occupational rehabilitation
4. Interpret evidence-based practice in the area of workplace injury management and occupational rehabilitation
5. Identify and discuss future research directions and develop a research proprosal applicable for issues in workplace injury management and occupational rehabilitation.
- Critical evaluation of assessment methods;
- Critical analysis of results obtained through assessment methods;
- Critical evaluation of services provided;
- Critical review of current issues reported by industry bodies, statutory authorities, media pertaining
HLSC6101(replaced OHSE6101) and HLSC6102 (replaced OHSE6102).
Written Assignment: Essays / Written Assignments
Participation: Group/tutorial participation and contribution
Online 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Online discussion group will take place on Blackboard and students are assessed on their contributions to this forum. Self directed learning - Students are required to spend on average 120 - 140 hours of effort or total load.
Self-Directed 6 hour(s) per Week for Full Term