Occupational Rehabilitation 1
This course focuses on the application of the different/ individual occupational rehabilitation services, medical and treatment issues, case management and counseling and their implications for a successful and durable return to work/job placement outcome.
Not currently available.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2015.
1. Acknowledge what skills and services the members of the multi-disciplinary team bring to the occupational rehabilitation context;
2. Identify appropriate occupational rehabilitation services and procedures for individuals;
3. Be pro-active in their management of clients in the occupational rehabilitation context;
4. Identify potential barriers to active participation by stakeholders in the occupational rehabilitation process.
- Define the multidisciplinary contribution to the occupational rehabilitation process;
- Specify services provided by the multidisciplinary team and the contribution they make to the occupational rehabilitation process;
- Define vocational rehabilitation;
- Case management and its application in injury management and occupational rehabilitation;
- Relevant medical and treatment issues ;
- Introduction to a range of assessment methods;
- Identify a range of issues that may impede the occupational rehabilitation process;
- Discuss methods for identifying barriers in the occupational rehabilitation process;
- Critical evaluation of assessment methods
Formal Examination: Examination: Formal
Written Assignment: Essays / Written Assignments
Participation: Group/tutorial participation and contribution
Presentation: Presentations - Individual