Health Science Honours III
|Course code HLSC4403||Units 20||Level 4000||Faculty of Health and MedicineSchool of Health Sciences|
This course completes the development of the skills and knowledge needed to complete a research project for the Bachelor of Health Science (Honours). Students will complete and submit the Honours thesis in this course, with guidance from their academic supervisor.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||As a result of successfully completing this course, students should be able to:|
1. Conduct research under supervision
2. Demonstrate a deep understanding and interpretation of their research project aims, rationale, methods, results, and clinical or scientific relevance
3. Articulate in written form their research project aims, rationale, methods, results, and clinical or scientific relevance.
|Content||1. Individual academic Honours supervision relevant to the students Honours research project, with an emphasis on effectively presenting research results in written form|
2. Development of writing skills for presenting and interpreting research results
3. Completion of the Honours thesis.
|Transition||Not applicable. A student previously enrolled in HLSC4400, and who withdraws or takes a leave of absence from Honours including HLSC4400, will enrol in the revised program if and when they return.|
|Assumed Knowledge||Bachelors degree in Medical Radiation Science, Oral Health, Podiatry or the equivalent|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Teaching Methods||Individual Supervision|
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 20 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for HLSC4403|