Individual Financial Planning
Financial Planning for individuals now has a strong presence in Australia and throughout the world. This course provides an insight into what holistic Financial Planning is. Essential Financial Planning concepts will be explored and practical case studies to demonstrate the benefits of personal Financial Planning. The course will also provide an understanding of the key regulations and participants within the Financial Planning industry. In particular areas such as investments, taxation, superannuation, estate planning, insurance and social security will be explored. These areas will then be drawn together to evaluate how they impact on each other and an individual's personal financial position. The course mainly focuses on the Financial Planning industry within Australia, however many of the concepts and theories are applicable in other countries also.
Newcastle City Precinct
- Trimester 1 - 2016
- Trimester 3 - 2016
Sydney Elizabeth Street
- Trimester 3 - 2016
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the concepts needed for individuals within financial planning.
2. Assess their own financial situation and make general financial decisions.
3. Critically review a financial planning scenario and suggest strategies.
4. Demonstrate an understanding of the code of ethics relevant to a financial planner.
5. Display understanding of the role of a financial planner.
The content in this course includes the following topics:
- Legal, regulatory and ethical principles relevant to financial planning advisers
- The process of personal financial planning
- Investment products and associated risk
- Investment concepts and strategies
- Risk management and insurance
- Taxation planning and the social security system
- Retirement and estate planning
- Development of a personal financial plan
GSBS6130 Corporate Finance
Quiz: Mid-Trimester Quiz.
Case Study / Problem Based Learning: Group Case Study
Formal Examination: Final Examination.
Newcastle City Precinct and Sydney Elizabeth Street
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term