Global Marketing Strategy and Planning
|Course code GSBS6041||Units 10||Level 6000||Faculty of Business and LawNewcastle Business School|
Businesses often engage in international expansion strategies (in contrast to the domestic market), involving alternatives ranging from exporting to internationalisation, multinationalisation and, finally, globalisation. Each of these is unlike the others in the capabilities and competencies needed by an organisation, as well as in the core marketing considerations of segmentation, targeting and positioning.
Designed to provide students with a thorough grounding in all facets of global and international marketing, the course adopts a framework that focuses on key issues including the international and global marketing environment, the international marketing mix, global segmentation, positioning and strategy, and other aspects pertaining to the global imperative. Domestic, international and global case studies are used providing the opportunity to apply the concepts to practical situations in addition to the development of a comprehensive marketing plan.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:|
1. Justify the importance of studying global marketing and its evolution; explain the challenges that influence global marketing decisions.
2. Distinguish between international and global marketing management.
3. Demonstrate cognitive knowledge of the skills required in identifying, assessing and selecting global market opportunities.
4. Develop effective global marketing strategies and determining the method of entering a market.
5. Develop and justify global marketing mix programs for different environments.
6. Recognise key factors in running effective global organizations and the managerial challenges facing international and global marketing managers.
7. Apply global marketing concepts to gain strategic insights from case studies of real global marketing issues.
8. Develop and justify an in-depth marketing plan.
|Content||This course includes but is not limited to the following topics:|
1. Globalization Imperative and environmental considerations (economic / financial / global cultural / political and legal)
2. Global Cultural Environment and Buying Behavior.
3. Global Marketing Research, Segmentation and Positioning
4. Global Marketing and Market Entry Strategies.
5. Developing New Products for Global Markets.
6. Global Marketing of Goods and Services.
7. International and global market plans.
8. Global Pricing.
9. Communicating With the World Consumer. Cross-Cultural Management.
10.Global Logistics and Distribution. Export and Import Management.
11.Planning, Organization, and Control of Global Marketing Operations.
12.Marketing Strategies for Emerging Markets. Global Marketing and the Internet
|Assumed Knowledge||GSBS6005 Marketing Management and Planning|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for GSBS6041|