German Language 3D Advanced
Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005
This course aims to develop and improve all German language skills by building on the skills acquired in GRMN3503. While continuing to strengthen communicative competence in spoken German, the focus is increasingly on formal grammar and translation skills for written language. Students’ ability to appreciate cultural products of German speaking societies will also be further enhanced.
|Objectives||1. To develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in the German language at an intermediate to more advanced level
2. To develop specific and interactive German language skills as they occur in everyday social contexts
3. Locate and navigate authentic websites in German
4. To develop the capacity to think critically and organise time effectively when carrying out particular set tasks of translation or writing compositions in German.
|Content||Areas that will be treated in GRMN3504 include:
* Consolidating language skills necessary for tertiary study in Germany
* Writing set pieces such as free compositions in German on a range of everyday social topics.
|Assumed Knowledge||GRMN3503 or equivalent|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Teaching Methods||Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for GRMN3504|