German Language 3C
This course aims to develop and improve all German language skills by building on the skills acquired in GRMN2502. While continuing to strengthen communicative competence in spoken German, the focus is on formal grammar and translation skills in a practical and culturally appropriate context. This unit can be done together with GRMN3501.
- Semester 1 - 2015
1. To develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in German language
2. To demonstrate an understanding of and communicate in German about selected topics
3. To acquire knowledge of the German-speaking world and appropriate modes of interaction in German-speaking society
4. To develop the capacity to think critically
The objectives of this course are that students will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding and communicate in German about selected topics.
- perform pragmatically rational communicative tasks in German.
- use lexicogrammatical features of German accurately.
- demonstrate an understanding of and apply the lexicogrammatical differences between spoken and written German.
This course replaces the following course(s): . Students who have successfully completed are not eligible to enrol in GRMN3503.
GRMN2502 or equivalent
Practical Demonstration: Spoken Assignment
Written Assignment: Written Assignment
Quiz: Quiz (x3)
Formal Examination: Final Written Exam *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Formal Examination: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term