German Language 3B Advanced
Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005
The aim of this course is to improve all four of the essential language skills, i.e. listening, speaking, reading, and writing. The last skill of writing will be given more prominence than in Intermediate German. Many exercises are open-ended; and you will be expected to improve your own individual level of competence in all four skills.
|Objectives||1. To develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in German language
2. To demonstrate an understanding of and communicate in German about selected topics
3. To acquire knowledge of the German-speaking world and appropriate modes of interaction in German-speaking society
4. To develop the capacity to think critically and organise time effectively
|Content||The objectives of this course are that students will be able to:
1. demonstrate an understanding and communicate in German about selected topics.
2. perform pragmatically rational communicative tasks in German.
3. use lexicogrammatical features of German accurately.
4. demonstrate an understanding of and apply the lexicogrammatical differences between speaking and writing German.
|Assumed Knowledge||GRMN3501 or equivalent|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Teaching Methods||Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for GRMN3502|