Germany is one of the leading business locations in Europe with a superb infrastructure and lifestyle. In this course you will learn about the German working environment and culture while at the same time furthering your language and intercultural communication skills at a level of difficulty between intermediate and advanced, with an emphasis on the type of language needed in professional and work-related settings. This course can be done together with GRMN3503.
Availability2017 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in the context of German workplaces
2. recognise and use different registers of German
3. demonstrate an understanding and the use of conventions in German workplaces and in more formal situations.
Areas that will be treated in GRMN3501 include:
- Telephone calls, making and changing appointments, leaving messages, writing simple business letters
- Writing a job application and handling a job interview
- Marketing and advertising of products and services
- German business and social etiquette and manners
- Translating and discussing contemporary texts from a variety of areas.
Written Assignment: Written and Oral Assignments
Quiz: Online Quizzes
Formal Examination: Formal Examination - Closed book examination *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Formal Examination: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term