German Language 3A Professional
Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005
Germany is one of the leading business locations in Europe with a superb infrastructure and lifestyle. In this course you will learn about the German working environment and culture while at the same time furthering your language and intercultural communication skills at a level of difficulty between intermediate and advanced, with an emphasis on the type of language needed in professional and work-related settings. This course can be done together with GRMN3503.
|Objectives||1. To develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in the context of German workplaces
2. To recognise and use different registers of German
3. To demonstrate an understanding and the use of conventions in German workplaces and in more formal situations.
|Content||Areas that will be treated in GRMN3501 include:
* Telephone calls, making and changing appointments, leaving messages, writing simple business letters
* Writing a job application and handling a job interview
* Marketing and advertising of products and services
* German business and social etiquette and manners
* Translating and discussing contemporary texts from a variety of areas.
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Teaching Methods||Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for GRMN3501|