German Language 3A Professional
|Course code GRMN3501||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Humanities and Social Science|
Germany is one of the leading business locations in Europe with a superb infrastructure and lifestyle. In this course you will learn about the German working environment and culture while at the same time furthering your language and intercultural communication skills at a level of difficulty between intermediate and advanced, with an emphasis on the type of language needed in professional and work-related settings. This course can be done together with GRMN3503.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||1. To develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in the context of German workplaces|
2. To recognise and use different registers of German
3. To demonstrate an understanding and the use of conventions in German workplaces and in more formal situations.
|Content||Areas that will be treated in GRMN3501 include:|
* Telephone calls, making and changing appointments, leaving messages, writing simple business letters
* Writing a job application and handling a job interview
* Marketing and advertising of products and services
* German business and social etiquette and manners
* Translating and discussing contemporary texts from a variety of areas.
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Teaching Methods||Self Directed Learning|
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for GRMN3501|