German Language 2B Intermediate
This course, offered in Semester 2 each year, is a follow on from GRMN2501 (German Language 2A Intermediate), which is offered in Semester 1 each year. It concentrates on further developing reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. The course aims to provide a complete basis for further study of the German language at a senior level.
- Semester 2 - 2016
1. To develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in German language
2. To demonstrate an understanding of, and be able to communicate in German about selected fields such as everyday situations, but also aspects of German society and culture.
3. To acquire knowledge of the German-speaking world and appropriate modes of interaction in German-speaking society
4. To develop the capacity to think critically
This program follows on from GRMN2501. Whilst the program covers the four metaskills (speaking, listening, reading and writing), the emphasis is still on communicative competence but will also focus on extending reading and writing skills.
GRMN2501 or equivalent
Written Assignment: Written Assignment
Practical Demonstration: Oral Task
Quiz: On-line language quizzes
Formal Examination: Examination: Formal 2 hour written language examination *
Presentation: In class Group Presentation
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Formal Examination: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term