German Language 2A Intermediate German
This course is designed for students with some knowledge of German and for students with post HSC German (excluding 2UZ) or equivalent. It concentrates on further developing reading, writing, listening and speaking skills (use of interjections, common idiomatic expressions, particles). The course aims to provide a complete basis for further study of the German language at a senior level.
- Semester 1 - 2016
1. To develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in German language
2. To demonstrate an understanding of and communicate in German about selected topics
3. To extend knowledge of the German-speaking world and appropriate modes of interaction in German-speaking society
4. To develop the capacity to think critically and organise time effectively
This course follows on from GRMN1502. Areas of language that were not treated in ELEMENTARY GERMAN will be covered, including full treatment of noun cases, adjective endings, past tenses and future tenses. Whilst the course covers the four meta-skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing), the emphasis is still on communicative competence but will also focus on extending reading and writing skills.
GRMN1502 or equivalent
Written Assignment: Written Assignment
Presentation: Oral test
Quiz: Online language quizzes
Formal Examination: Formal exam *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Formal Examination: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term