German Language 1B Elementary
Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005
Continues to develop the language skills of students who have completed GRMN1501 or an equivalent program of study such as German at 2UZ HSC level, a WEA or a German Saturday School program, or a stay in Germany.
Students are equipped to expand these skills during further study or direct exposure to the language, e.g. via Exchange Programs.
|Objectives||1. To consolidate and extend listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in German language
2. To demonstrate an understanding of and communicate in German about selected everday topics
3. To acquire knowledge of the German-speaking world and appropriate modes of interaction in German-speaking society
4. To develop the capacity to think critically and organise time effectively
|Content||This course follows on from GRMN1501. It consolidates and expands on the major grammatical structures through content that features cultural, social, geographical, historical and political aspects of German-speaking societies. Students will further develop the four metaskills (listening, speaking, reading and writing), which will allow them
* to comprehend everyday language
* to engage in everyday spoken language
* to read and understand short texts in the realm of everyday life
* to write stories about everyday events.
|Transition||Existing students should not be affected. Students who have completed GRMN1002 may not enrol in this course.|
|Assumed Knowledge||GRMN1501 or equivalent|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Teaching Methods||Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for GRMN1502|