German Language 1B Elementary
|Course code GRMN1502||Units 10||Level 1000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Humanities and Social Science|
Continues to develop the language skills of students who have completed GRMN1501 or an equivalent program of study such as German at 2UZ HSC level, a WEA or a German Saturday School program, or a stay in Germany.
Students are equipped to expand these skills during further study or direct exposure to the language, e.g. via Exchange Programs.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||1. To consolidate and extend listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in German language |
2. To demonstrate an understanding of and communicate in German about selected everday topics
3. To acquire knowledge of the German-speaking world and appropriate modes of interaction in German-speaking society
4. To develop the capacity to think critically and organise time effectively
|Content||This course follows on from GRMN1501. It consolidates and expands on the major grammatical structures through content that features cultural, social, geographical, historical and political aspects of German-speaking societies. Students will further develop the four metaskills (listening, speaking, reading and writing), which will allow them|
* to comprehend everyday language
* to engage in everyday spoken language
* to read and understand short texts in the realm of everyday life
* to write stories about everyday events.
|Transition||Existing students should not be affected. Students who have completed GRMN1002 may not enrol in this course.|
|Assumed Knowledge||GRMN1501 or equivalent|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Teaching Methods||Self Directed Learning|
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for GRMN1502|