Engineering Project Management
Aims to provide students with an understanding of how to manage and conduct Engineering Projects and knowledge and awareness of the tools required to do so. Provides students with a knowledge of the various engineering project management facets including managing the resources, controlling the budget, procurement and planning, environmental management, safety management systems, obtaining approvals, contract specification etc. Also provided will be an awareness of innovation and the business environment within which the Engineering Projects are conducted.
- Trimester 1 - 2015 (Singapore)
- Semester 1 - 2015
1. plan a project.
2. schedule and resource a project.
3. incorporate project budgets and cost control into a project plan.
4. have an appreciation of contracts and contract management.
5. describe organisational structure options.
6. demonstrate effective communication methods.
7. have an awareness of effective leadership and team building approaches.
8. have an appreciation of Industrial Relations and the importance of ethics.
9. have an appreciation of the demands associated with operating in a global environment.
The course will include the following topics:
- Engineering Economics (4 lectures)
- Engineering Project Management
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Organisations and Management
- Decision Making
- Corporate Governance
- Managing in a Global Environment
- Managing Change and Innovation
The course will also involve specialist lectures by industry practitioners.
Quiz: Quizzes x 5
Written Assignment: Written Assignments 1 ¿ 4
Formal Examination: Formal Examination
Face to Face On Campus 4 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Projects will be run as a combination of invited presentations, project work and directed study. Students enrolled in the part-time evening programme at UoN Singapore will receive equivalent instruction delivered in a block mode of 7 teaching weeks