French Honours 4
Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1, Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
This course will involve the production and submission of a research dissertation or project on the student's chosen area of French studies.
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to demonstrate:
1. detailed understanding of specific issues and concepts relating to an aspect of their chosen field of French studies;
2. detailed knowledge of materials and sources relating to these issues;
3. ability to perform an extended research dissertation or project at honours level;
4. skills in performing an extended critical/analytical OR practical task in an area of French Studies at honours level; and
5. ability to write an essay of thesis length at honours level
Together with FREN4170, this course involves the production and submission of a research dissertation or research project in the student's area of French studies. The student will be required to undertake independent research, guided where appropriate by directed readings, consultation and feedback from an assigned supervisor.
Successfully completed degree with major in French with credit or above in French at 300 level.
Modes of Delivery
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
Problem Based Learning
Self Directed Learning
Individual Supervision: for 4 hour(s) per Week for Full Term