French Honours 1
|Course code FREN4150||Units 20||Level 4000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Humanities and Social Science|
This course will focus on the analysis and critical evaluation of theoretical issues in student's chosen area of study.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||This course is designed to enable students to: |
1. communicate complex ideas in French with a high level of fluency and use of an appropriate register of language;
2. demonstrate a command of complex French grammatical structures;
3. translate into and out of French with confidence and accuracy.
|Content||This course will have two aspects, both taught through weekly classes:|
1. Students will follow a weekly programme of oral classes in which students will comment on and express opinions about a range of topics; students' aural skills will also be honed via a regular detailed analysis of a range of French listening materials, including news broadcasts, film and song.
2. Students will also complete one of two courses focusing on written French: one with a primary emphasis on grammatical analysis, and another based on practical translation tasks.
|Assumed Knowledge||Successfully completed degree with major in French with credit or above.|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Teaching Methods||Problem Based Learning|
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Seminar: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for FREN4150|