French Honours I
This course will focus on the analysis and critical evaluation of theoretical issues in student's chosen area of study.
- Semester 1 - 2016
- Semester 2 - 2016
1. Communicate complex ideas in French with a high level of fluency and use of an appropriate register of language;
2. Demonstrate a command of complex French grammatical structures;
3. Translate into and out of French with confidence and accuracy.
This course will have two aspects, both taught through weekly classes:
- Students will follow a weekly programme of oral classes in which students will comment on and express opinions about a range of topics; students' aural skills will also be honed via a regular detailed analysis of a range of French listening materials, including news broadcasts, film and song.
- Students will also complete one of two courses focusing on written French: one with a primary emphasis on grammatical analysis, and another based on practical translation tasks.
This course is only available to students enrolled in Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
Successfully completed degree with major in French with credit or above.
Presentation: Oral Presentation, Grammar Tests, Translation Assignments
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term