French At Advanced Level I
Further intensive study of the language to improve vocabulary, pronunciation and grammar, with a view to developing self-expression both in writing and speaking.
- Semester 1 - 2015
1. to develop an advanced level of understanding of French grammatical structures;
2. to enable the student to develop sophisticated communication skills and strategies in French;
3. to promote an increased awareness of cultural and linguistic differences;
4. to develop in the student the capacity to think critically about language.
5. By the end of the course, students are expected to reach a level between B1 and B2 (Common Framework of Reference for Languages).
A language course which places emphasis on developing the students' powers of expression in the oral and written codes.
FREN2620 French at Intermediate II or equivalent
In Term Test: Oral Assessment
In Term Test: 3 written tests
In Term Test: 3 small tests
Formal Examination: final exam
Face to Face On Campus 4 hour(s) per Week for 13 Weeks
Optional workshops for 4 hours a week for self-directed study and/or support from lecturers.