Elementary French II
|Course code FREN1200||Units 10||Level 1000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Humanities and Social Science|
A semester language unit designed as the continuation of the Introductory course FREN1100. The course provides vocabulary extension and further fundamental sentence patterns, still placing emphasis on speaking and understanding of the language at an elementary level.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:|
1. be familiar with French sounds and pronunciation;
2. speak and understand simple spoken every day French;
3. recognise main characteristics of the cultures of French-speaking countries;
4. be prepared linguistically to take more advanced French.
5. correctly use French grammatical structures appropriate to the Elementary level 2
6. online assessments environment requires students to demonstrate an ability to use technology at an elementary level.
|Content||Extends basic vocabulary and fundamental sentence structures acquired in FREN1100 by using authentic linguistic/cultural materials. Small group work concentrates on steadily building confidence and competence in the target language.|
|Assumed Knowledge||FREN1100 or equivalent|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 3 hour(s) per Week for 13 weeks|
Workshop: for 4 hour(s) per Week for 13 weeks
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for FREN1200|