Professional Placement in Exercise and Sports Science
Not available in 2012
Previously offered in 2013
This course allows students to integrate real world skills and experience with theoretical concept and knowledge obtained during their degree program. Students will be offered the opportunity to undertake work-integrated learning. The course involves 100 hours of work experience with a professional in two out of three different sectors of the exercise and sports science industry; sport, clinical and/or health promotion.
This course has a Compulsory Course Component. Students must satisfactorily complete 100 hours of approved work placement in order to pass the course.
In order to participate in this course, students must complete a compulsory Work Health and Safety requirement. Students will receive full information on this Compulsory Course Component in the course outline provided by the School.
On successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Communicate effectively with clients, peers and the public in a professional manner consistent with the Code of Conduct for Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA);
2. Demonstrate professional behaviour in actions, attitudes and demeanour at all times;
3. Demonstrate completion of work experience in at least two sectors of the Exercise and Sports Science industry totalling 100 hours;
4. Critically evaluate their work experience performance and analyse their own professional strengths and weaknesses.
- 100 hours of work placement in the Exercise and Sports Science industry
- Development of communication skills in a professional environment
- Professional code of conduct and obligations
- Professional development
SPOR3040 Professional Preparation & Practice
Cannot be counted for credit with SPOR3040 Professional Preparation & Practice
Assumed Knowledge. EXSS1010 or SPOR1010, EXSS2010 or SPOR2010, EXSS2050 or SPOR2050, EXSS2030 or SPOR2030, EXSS2070 or SPOR2070, EXSS3010 or SPOR3010 (or concurrent enrolment in EXSS3010).
Modes of Delivery
Laboratory: for 4 hour(s) per Week for 1 weeks
Lecture: for 4 hour(s) per Week for 1 weeks
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 8 weeks
Practicum: for 100 hour(s) per Term for Full Term