Foundations of Exercise & Sport Science
This course provides an introduction to the field of exercise and sport science. This is the stepping stone to engage with scientific foundations of exercise science and sport. Students will be exposed to the key issues and challenges of exercise science and sport including the structure of the industry, as well as career opportunities and pathways.
- Semester 1 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Comprehend the nature of exercise & sport science.
2. Describe the sub-disciplines of exercise and sport science.
3. Distinguish the inter-relationship of the various sub-disciplines of exercise and sport science.
4. Develop basic practical skills in exercise and sport science.
5. Develop skills in basic academic literacies.
- Motor behaviour
- Exercise Physiology
- Sport & Exercise Psychology
- Exercise Testing and Prescription
- Practical skills for exercise and sport science
This course replaces SPOR1010. If you have successfully completed SPOR1010 you cannot enrol in this course.
Formal Examination: Examination: Formal Examination
Written Assignment: Essays/Written Assignments
Participation: Group/Tutorial participation and contribution
In Term Test: In Class Examinaton
Quiz: Online Quizzes
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
General Course Requirements:
- Laboratory: Attendance Requirement - Students must attend a minimum number of these sessions. - Students must attend 80% of scheduled laboratories.
- Laboratory: Induction Requirement - Students must attend and pass the induction requirements before attending these sessions. - In order to participate in this course students must complete a compulsory lab induction.
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term