Foundations of Exercise & Sport Science
Available in 2013
This course provides an introduction to the field of exercise and sport science. EXSS1010 is the stepping stone to engage with scientific foundations of exercise science and sport. Students will be exposed to the key issues and challenges of exercise science and sport including the structure of the industry, as well as career opportunities and pathways.
In order to participate in this course, students must complete a compulsory Work Health and Safety requirement. Students will receive full information on this Compulsory Course Component in the course outline provided by the School.
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Comprehend the nature of exercise & sport science.
2. Describe the historical foundations of exercise science and sport.
3. Explain the various roles of exercise science and sport in society.
4. Distinguish the inter-relationship of the various sub-disciplines of exercise science and sport.
5. Recognise the various careers within exercise science and sport.
|Content||- History of exercise science and sport
- Motor behaviour
- Exercise Physiology
- Sport & Exercise Psychology
- Sociology of exercise science and sport
- Careers in exercise science and sport
|Replacing Course(s)||SPOR1010 Foundations of Exercise and Sport Science.|
|Transition||Cannot be counted for credit with SPOR1010 Foundations of Exercise and Sports Science|
|Assumed Knowledge||No specific prior knowledge is assumed.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Laboratory: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for EXSS1010|