Foundations of Exercise & Sport Science
|Course code EXSS1010||Units 10||Level 1000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Environmental and Life Sciences|
This course provides an introduction to the field of exercise and sport science. EXSS1010 is the stepping stone to engage with scientific foundations of exercise science and sport. Students will be exposed to the key issues and challenges of exercise science and sport including the structure of the industry, as well as career opportunities and pathways.
In order to participate in this course, students must complete a compulsory Work Health and Safety requirement. Students will receive full information on this Compulsory Course Component in the course outline provided by the School.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course, students will be able to: |
1. Comprehend the nature of exercise & sport science.
2. Describe the sub-disciplines of exercise and sport science.
3. Distinguish the inter-relationship of the various sub-disciplines of exercise and sport science.
4. Develop basic practical skills in exercise and sport science.
5. Develop skills in basic academic literacies.
|Content||- Motor behaviour |
- Exercise Physiology
- Sport & Exercise Psychology
- Exercise Testing and Prescription
- Practical skills for exercise and sport science
|Replacing Course(s)||SPOR1010 Foundations of Exercise and Sport Science.|
|Transition||Cannot be counted for credit with SPOR1010 Foundations of Exercise and Sports Science|
|Assumed Knowledge||No specific prior knowledge is assumed.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Laboratory: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for EXSS1010|