|Course code EPPHYS252||Units 10||English Language & Foundation Studies Centre|
EPPHYS252 Physics 2 prepares students for the commencement of undergraduate study and requires a sound knowledge of fundamental principles of physics. The depth and extent of the subject is similar to the HSC Physics course. It covers the basic concepts of electrostatics, magnetism, simple circuits and some modern physics.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||1. Provides a sound knowledge of the fundamentals of physics.|
2. Extends a student's understanding of physical phenomena from that presented in EPPHYS152.
2. Develops problem solving and research skills essential for undergraduate study.
3. Illustrates the principles of physics with little mathematics.
4. Enhances problem solving and logical processes within a mathematical framework.
|Content||Physics II will cover:|
1. Charge, Electrostatics and Coulomb's Law
2. Electric potential, fields and energy
3. Simple Resistor and capacitor circuits
4. Kirchoff's Rules for circuit analysis
5. Magnets and magnetic forces
6. Basic electromagnetism
7. The structure of the atom and its nucleus
8. Nuclear half life, nuclear decay and nuclear stability
9. Nuclear Fusion and Fission
10. Radiation dose and its biological effects.
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks|
Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 11 weeks
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for EPPHYS252|