Business Organisation and Management 2
Provides an introduction to the nature of the business environment, informed by the theoretical and practical insights developed in EPMANC120, and an introduction to the fundamentals of marketing within that environment. Case studies will develop an understanding of the practical application of theoretical concepts.
Not currently available.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2015.
1. have a demonstrated basic knowledge of the fundamentals of the business environment and marketing, including capacity to recognise and use relevant terminology;
2. have a demonstrated competence to read, understand and critically evaluate the information contained in relevant academic texts;
3. be able to organise and present information to a satisfactory standard in oral presentations and essays;
4. be able to understand and critically evaluate case studies in at least one of the topic areas, including its relevance to course topics;
5. have a demonstrated competence to effectively contribute to a team project.
6. have a demonstrated understanding of the processes underlying successful management of diversity within an organisation.
The business environment, including topics such as:
- Overview/components of the business environment
- Mapping the business environment
- The internal and external institutional environments
Fundamentals of marketing, including topics such as:
- Definition and description of marketing
- The marketing mix
- Identifying consumer needs
- Developing a marketing plan
- Case study: A successful marketing plan for a new product
Written Assignment: Essay Reflection
Presentation: Group Oral Presentation
Written Assignment: Group Written Report
Formal Examination: Final Examination
Ourimbah, Callaghan and On-Line from Callaghan
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 11 Weeks