Available in 2012
|WebLearn GradSchool||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Develops a framework of a research protocol in an area of student interest. This research protocol framework may be preparatory work for a Masters or PHD.
1. To select and provide a rationale for an appropriate area of research;
2. Develop a testable hypothesis and research questions;
3. Design research methodology;
4. Design or select appropriate measures;
5. Identify appropriate sampling procedures, sample size, and statistical tests;
6. Consider ethical issues in research;
7. Prepare a research grant application, and an application for ethics approval;
8. To identify strengths, weaknesses and implications of developed protocol.
A Protocol is developed by means of a series of assignments throughout the semester. Contact is generally through blackboard, by phone or email, although face to face contact is available to local students.
EPID6600A and EPID6600B - Multi Term Sequence courses.
Not required. All previous students complete.
Completion of, EPID6420 (Epidemiology A), and BIOS6910 (Biostatistics A),
It is desirable to complete EPID6430 (Epidemiology B) and BIOS6920 (Biostatistics B).
Students enrolled in the Master of Nursing (Advanced Practice) are allowed to do these courses.
Modes of Delivery
Distance Learning : IT Based
Distance Learning : Paper Based
Email Discussion Group
Self Directed Learning
Email Discussion Group: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Self Directed Learning: for 6 hour(s) per Week for Full Term