Infectious Disease Surveillance
Covers the principles and conduct of Public Health surveillance. Presented in association with Hunter New England Population Health.
- Semester 2 - 2016
1. Understand the role and function of communicable disease surveillance
2. Understand the roles of health care workers and government agencies in the surveillance process
3. A knowledge of the uses of surveillance data
4. Understand the flow of surveillance data in Australia
5. Experience in evaluating surveillance systems
6. A basic understanding of how to initiate a communicable disease surveillance system
7. Principles of surveillance of healthcare-associated infections
Modules covered are:
- Principles of Public Health surveillance and examples of successful and relevant surveillance programs
- Evaluating and implementing surveillance systems
- Surveillance of Healthcare associated infections
EPID6460-Communical Diseases is assumed knowledge.
Written Assignment: Assessments 1,2 and 3
Online Learning Activity: Blackboard Discussion
Online 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Contact hours are an indication only.
Self-Directed 8 hour(s) per Week for Full Term