Studies in Law 2
Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 2|
|Distance Education - Callaghan||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Studies in Law 2 builds on the foundation laid in Studies in Law 1 - "The Australian Legal System". Students will study specific areas of law, which are both interesting and topical.
The course provides development of:
1. analysis of key areas of interest in the Australian legal environment.
2. research skills and academic writing skills.
3. the ability to understand specifically what is required in an essay question, and to write an essay which actually answers that question.
4. the ability to take concise notes during lectures.
5. individual study skills in preparation for written examinations.
6. confidence, and a personal study regime to lay the foundation of good habits for future study.
Topics in EPHUMA247 Studies in Law 2 include:
1. General Introduction, Murder/Manslaughter, Defences, Investigation, Punishment and Criminology
2. Torts: Negligence, Passing Off and Defamation
3. Property Law, Health Law and Consumer Law
EPHUMA147 Studies in Law.
Modes of Delivery
Distance Learning : IT Based
Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks
Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 11 weeks