|Course code EPHUMA160||Units 10||English Language & Foundation Studies Centre|
EPHUMA160 Film Studies introduces students to the various thematic issues presented through film; specifically examining historical, political and cultural studies. The course will provide a basic understanding of various techniques available to filmmakers to create cinematic representations. It will also consider the influence and relevance of film in creating cultural understanding.
Available in 2015
1. Demonstrate understanding of basic cinematic techniques.
2 Acknowledge and discuss the transmission of meaning through film.
3. Provide detailed analysis of an issue as represented through cinema.
4. Discuss the role of film in developing cultural understanding.
1. Historical Films : Realism, Speculative
2. Political Films : Documentary, Satire
3. Cultural Films : Understanding, Clashes
|Assumed Knowledge||No assumed knowledge.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks|
Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for EPHUMA160|