Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
EPHUMA160 Film Studies introduces students to the various thematic issues presented through film; specifically examining historical, political and cultural studies. The course will provide a basic understanding of various techniques available to filmmakers to create cinematic representations. It will also consider the influence and relevance of film in creating cultural understanding.
1. Demonstrate understanding of basic cinematic techniques.
2 Acknowledge and discuss the transmission of meaning through film.
3. Provide detailed analysis of an issue as represented through cinema.
4. Discuss the role of film in developing cultural understanding.
1. Historical Films : Realism, Speculative
2. Political Films : Documentary, Satire
3. Cultural Films : Understanding, Clashes
No assumed knowledge.
Modes of Delivery
Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks
Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks