Introduces students to the various thematic issues presented through film; specifically examining historical, political and cultural studies. The course will provide a basic understanding of various techniques available to filmmakers to create cinematic representations. It will also consider the influence and relevance of film in creating cultural understanding.
Not currently available.
This Course was last offered in Semester 1 - 2015.
1. Develop their skills of writing, analysis and critical thinking.
2. Develop an understanding of the language and terminology of film studies.
3. Demonstrate understanding of basic cinematic techniques.
4. Acknowledge and discuss the transmission of meaning through film.
5. Provide detailed analysis of an issue as represented through cinema.
6. Discuss the role of film in developing cultural understanding.
- Historical Films : Realism, Speculative
- Political Films : Documentary, Satire
- Cultural Films : Understanding, Clashes
Online Learning Activity: Blog + Discussion
Formal Examination: Final Exam
Ourimbah and Callaghan
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks