Studies in Law 1
|Course code EPHUMA147||Units 10||English Language & Foundation Studies Centre|
Studies in Law 1 is an introduction to the Australian legal system. It explores the foundation of our legal heritage and specific areas of law. The major mode of delivery is lectures, although some audio visual is used.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||On completion of this course students will have developed: |
1. a salient knowledge of the Australian legal system.
2. a competence in academic, research, communication and study skills.
3. the ability to successfully engage with the university teaching and learning environments, including the use of relevant technology.
4. an understanding of requirements of academic integrity and conduct.
|Content||Topics in Studies in Law 1 include: |
1. law in society
2. historical development of law
3. essay writing
4. constitutional law
5. structure of Australian government.
6. common law and statute law
7. the legal profession
8. court system
9. native title
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks|
Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 11 weeks
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for EPHUMA147|