Directed Study I
Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1, Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
EPHUMA135 Directed Study I provides an opportunity for students to pursue independent research on a topic relevant to their future undergraduate studies. It introduces the academic skills that will be required in undergraduate studies, whilst allowing a degree of self-direction. Students must be capable of working with minimal supervision.
|Objectives||1. Students will be expected to develop skills in research, using appropriate methodologies and resources.
2. Students must demonstrate an ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
3. Students must demonstrate competence in academic methods of presentation in submitting a final essay and oral presentation.
|Content||1. Topic will depend on specific interest of student and relevance to undergraduate program.
2. Attendance at research workshops.
3. Preparation of an annotated bibliography.
4. Preparation of a research timeline.
5. Preparation of a major research essay using appropriate academic style.
6. Presentation of an oral outline of the outcomes of the research.
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for EPHUMA135|