Aboriginal Tertiary Foundations
Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1, Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
Designed to provide Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students with the learning skills necessary for tertiary study.
Through the use of in-class activities, assessments, personalised learning contracts and a range of experiential exercises this course will:
1. review the assessment structures commonly used at The University of Newcastle.
2. increase competence in reading and note-taking skills.
3. increase confidence and competence in a range of written formats suitable for the commencement of tertiary study.
4. improve listening, speaking and discussion skills.
5. develop and improve computer skills.
6. develop the ability to retrieve, synthesize, critically evaluate and present relevant information.
7. apply learning skills in order to improve various assessment techniques including essay writing, seminar presentations and examinations.
This course is designed to provide students with the tertiary skills and aptitude necessary for successful tertiary study, on a personalised basis.
Modes of Delivery
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks
Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks