Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
EPARTS190 Design Drawing allows students to explore sketching, colour theory, design, concept visualization, drawing and basic rendering techniques. It is expected that students will acquire various resources that will be assistive in a teaching learning environment.
1. produce accurate freehand perspective sketches.
2. use sketching as a tool for generating ideas.
3. apply design process to produce a drawing.
4. produce drawings that communicate visual concepts.
5. produce drawings that demonstrate knowledge of basic rendering techniques.
6. acquire resources that can be used in a teaching and learning environment.
7. develop skills related to research and academic writing for different purposes.
1. Perspective principles.
2. Freehand perspective sketching.
3. Colour theory.
4. Design process.
5. Concept visualisation.
6. Basic rendering techniques.
7. Line weight uses in a drawing.
Modes of Delivery
Studio: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term