This course considers advanced analogue electronics design with a particular emphasis on radio frequency (RF) electronics. Both theoretical and practical aspects of RF electronic circuits are considered. A major component of the course is a small group project, where design, testing and construction of an electronic circuit is required.
- Semester 1 - 2017
- Trimester 3 - 2017 (Singapore)
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Solve complex problems using established engineering methods in RF electronics.
2. Demonstrate a working knowledge of the use and application of standard RF electronic test equipment.
3. Design standard RF electronic circuit elements.
4. Build standard RF electronic circuits.
Practical hints on electronics components, Comparators, Noise in Electronic Circuits, Interference Generation, Transmission, Reception, Grounding & Shielding,Analogue / RF Filters Design, Analogue / RF Amplifiers, Oscillators, Modulators, Mixers, Phase Locked Loops.
Tutorial / Laboratory Exercises: Laboratory
Project: Group Project
Callaghan and UoN Singapore
Face to Face On Campus 21 hour(s) per Term
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 10 hour(s) per Term