The course takes the students through various steps involved in designing practical embedded software. It also introduces the basic building blocks of an embedded system.
- Semester 1 - 2016
- Trimester 3 - 2016 (Singapore)
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Develop software for commonly used embedded devices.
2. Program a data storage device in low level and interface that with an embedded product.
3. Learn the techniques used in developing a simple single-tasking operating system.gn
4. Use a real-time operating system to simplify his/her design.
5. Read, understand and modify the embedded software developed by other professional developers.
- Machine level description of C programming language, e.g., memory management, optimising memory access time
- Design of a simple DOS like system on embedded targets
- Multitasking and concurrent software
- Real-time operating systems
Formal Examination: Formal Examination
Callaghan and UoN Singapore
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term