Professional Experience in Sensory Disability - Extension
|Course code EDUC6855||Units 10||Level 6000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
This course provides teachers with extended practical experience in settings in which individuals with sensory disabilities are educated. Skills in planning, implementing, managing, and evaluating educational and/or(re)habilitative programs will be practised and assessed.
RIDBC Renwick Centre administers this course. Before enrolling in this course, review the RIDBC Renwick Centre Handbook and Practicum Handbook at http://www.ridbc.org.au/renwick/courses/current.php.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||Upon completion of this course, students will be expected to:|
1. Critically evaluate their own professional practice;
2. Identify specific learning objectives;
3. Plan, deliver and evaluate approriate learning experiences consistent with those objectives;
4. Employ a range of appropriate and differentiated teaching behaviours;
5. Develop stimulating teaching/learning environments and experiences;
6. Demonstrate effective interdisciplinary team participation that support the needs of children across a range of educational environments; and
7. Use a range of appropriate technologies to support the delivery of learning experiences.
|Content||On their practicums, students are expected to experience the following:|
1. The evidence base for various teaching behaviours/practices;
2. Specific teaching behaviours and strategies;
3. Curriculum modification/adaptation;
4. Development of individualised learning plans (e.g., IFSP/IEP);
5. Communicative requirements of different teaching-learning situations;
6. A variety of assessment tools;
7. Analysing, interpreting and integrating assessment results for a range of curriculum purposes;
8. Evaluating effectiveness of programs/intervention strategies;
9. Procedures for checking and maintaining sensory devices;
10. Management of student records/data;
11. Roles and responsibilities of professionals and para-professionals in educational environments;
12. Ethical requirements and issues;
13. Process for developing individualized educational plans; and
14. Managing current and evolving technology.
|Assumed Knowledge||A minimum of four core courses in the MSpecEd or equivalent|
|Modes of Delivery||External Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Experience Based Learning|
|Contact Hours||Practicum: for 270 hour(s) per Term for Full Term|
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for EDUC6855|