Not available in 2012
Previously offered in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Provides preservice teachers with the opportunity to engage in new learning and learning that cannot be achieved in an academic setting. Preservice teachers will engage in a process of developing competence in planning, teaching, assessing, evaluating, reflecting and managing learning in school settings.
Hurdle requirement - Attendance at all preparation lectures
Preservice teachers will:
1. Develop personal attributes and collaborative
skills valued by the profession.
2. Further develop knowledge and skills in planning for learning.
3. Further develop knowledge and skills in establishing and maintaining appropriate learning
4. Further develop assessment and feedback strategies and attitudes in order to support student learning.
5. Develop holistic understandings of schools as
Skills and knowledge related to observation, planning, teaching, assessment and evaluation relevant to the discipline and school program of study for
Together with EDDE412 replaces EDDE401 Practicum.
Students who have completed both semesters of Practicum EDDE401 will be given credit for this course.
Diploma in Education students are assumed to have discipline knowledge sufficient to plan lessons and lesson activities, assess learning, and answer
questions from pupils in schools relating to that discipline knowledge.
Diploma in Education students are assumed to have satisfactorily completed Practicum 1.
Modes of Delivery
Practicum: for 160 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term