Inclusive and Collaborative Practice and Practicum
|Course code EDUC6666||Units 10||Level 6000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
This course explores features of inclusive and collaborative practice in early intervention and school-age programming for children who are deaf or hard of hearing (D/HH), and/or blind or have low vision (B/VI). The combination of knowledges and perspectives required to implement helpful, individualized child-parent support that nurtures and promotes a child's independent learning is discussed. Current and future challenges to the development and functionality of inclusive and collaborative programming are examined and priorities for practice considered.
RIDBC Renwick Centre administers this course. Before enrolling in this course, review the RIDBC Renwick Centre Student Handbook and Practicum Handbook at http://www.ridbc.org.au/renwick/courses/current.php .
Available in 2015
|Objectives||Upon completion of this course, students will be expected to:|
1 describe the social justice concepts and principles underlying the inclusive and collaborative practice.
2 outline criteria for appraisal of adjustments and accommodations to curriculum, assessment, teaching strategies, and learning environments that meet the needs of learners with sensory impairments.
3 demonstrate an understanding of collaborative teamwork to maximise learning of children with unique capacities and needs.
|Content||Topics will include:|
1. Inclusive and collaborative principles, policies and practice.
2. Inclusive and collaborative leadership.
3. Collaborative networks and teamwork.
4. Inclusive adjustments, accommodations and strategies.
5. Transitions: early intervention and early schooling, secondary school and adulthood.
6. Assessment of inclusive and collaborative practice.
7. Enhancing social interactions and inclusive behaviours.
8. Technologies that enhance inclusive and collaborative practice.
|Assumed Knowledge||Four core courses in MSpecEd (D/HH) or demonstrated equivalent.|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
|Teaching Methods||Experience Based Learning|
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 10 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Practicum: for 120 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for EDUC6666|