Engineering Studies 1
|Course code EDUC6504||Units 10||Level 6000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
This course introduces students to stage 6 of the Engineering studies syllabus.
It is directed towards the application and advancement of skills associated with mathematics, science and technology and is integrated with business and management.
It will provide students with skills, knowledge and understanding associated with a study of engineering, its practices and associated methodologies.
The subject promotes environment, economic and global-awareness, problem-solving ability, engagement with information technology, self-directed learning, communication, management and skills in working as a team.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||1. Introduce students to the profession of engineering and to the stage 4 design and technology syllabus, stage 5 and 6 syllabus for engineering studies, explaining the intent and requirement of the syllabus.|
1B. Identify BOS assessment requirements for the HSC.
2. Extend the students' knowledge and understanding of engineering principles.
3. Explore and develop an appreciation of the responsibilities of engineers in society.
4. Enable the students to explore the nature of engineering in specific fields and report of the importance of these to society.
5. Anaylse and synthesise engineering applications in specific fields and report on the importance of these to society.
6. Study the relationship between properties, uses and applications of materials in engineering.
7. Determine through observation, testing and experimentation suitable properties, uses and applications of materials in engineering.
|Content||A study of the stage 5 Industrial technology-engineering and stage 6 engineering studies syllabus.|
Development of mathematical and scientific knowledge, understandings and skills used in in engineering mathematics.
|Assumed Knowledge||Undergraduate degree in TAS KLA or Science KLA.|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
|Teaching Methods||Email Discussion Group|
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 13 hour(s) per Term for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 20 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for EDUC6504|