Higher Education Futures
This course provides participants with both theoretical and practical insights into the historical, social, cultural and political contexts of higher education. In particular, the course will explore the role and significance of the university in the 21st century.
Not currently available.
1. Situate contemporary higher education policy and practice in relation to historical developments
2. Examine the main theoretical frameworks underpinning contemporary higher education policy
3. Explore the role and significance of the university in the 21st century
4. Develop a vision for the future of higher education
Indicative content will include:
- Historical developments in higher education
- Theoretical frameworks underpinning contemporary higher education policy
- Conceptions of higher education (and its futures)
- Role and significance of the contemporary university
This course replaces the following course(s): EDUC6033. Students who have successfully completed EDUC6033 are not eligible to enrol in EDUC6450.
This course replaces EDUC6033. If you have successfully completed EDUC6033 you cannot enrol in this course.
Written Assignment: A personal vision for the university in the 21st century