Data Mining for School Leaders
With increasing pressure on school leaders to draw upon research and evidence in their decision-making, the need for effective management and critical engagement with school-based and system-wide data has become imperative. This course aims to assist school leaders in managing and mining data to make evidence-based decisions.
- Semester 1 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Understanding and analyse school-based and system-wide data;
2. Apply data mining and/or knowledge management strategies to a real-world case; and
3. Link data mining and analysis to strategic decision-making.
Indicative course content:
- Contemporary Context of Performance-Based Leadership in Schools
- Reliability and Validity of Data
- Issues related to School-Based Data
- Issues related to System-Wide Data
- Data Mining Strategies
- Knowledge Management Principles
- Evidence-Based Decision-Making
This course replaces the following course(s): EDUC6019. Students who have successfully completed EDUC6019 are not eligible to enrol in EDUC6351.
This course replaces EDUC6019. If you have successfully completed EDUC6019 you cannot enrol in this course.
Case Study / Problem Based Learning: Reporting on value added in educational contexts
Project: Analysing a real-life data set and producing a series of data-informed recommendations.
Integrated Learning Session
Online 2 hour(s) per Term