With increasing pressure on school leaders to draw upon research and evidence in their decision-making, the need for effective management and critical engagement with school-based and system-wide data has become imperative. This course aims to assist school leaders in managing and mining data to make evidence-based decisions.
Availability2017 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2017
This course replaces the following course(s): EDUC6019. Students who have successfully completed EDUC6019 are not eligible to enrol in EDUC6351.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Understanding and analyse school-based and system-wide data;
2. Apply data mining and/or knowledge management strategies to a real-world case; and
3. Link data mining and analysis to strategic decision-making.
Indicative course content:
- Contemporary Context of Performance-Based Leadership in Schools
- Reliability and Validity of Data
- Issues related to School-Based Data
- Issues related to System-Wide Data
- Data Mining Strategies
- Knowledge Management Principles
- Evidence-Based Decision-Making
This course replaces EDUC6019. If you have successfully completed EDUC6019 you cannot enrol in this course.
Case Study / Problem Based Learning: Reporting on value added in educational contexts
Project: Analysing a real-life data set and producing a series of data-informed recommendations.
Integrated Learning Session
Online 2 hour(s) per Term